Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:42:56 PM EDT
I am getting ready for groundhog hunting this year an decided I was not happy with the bipod setup I had last year.  I was using a Harris, but was not happy with out a tilt feature in the field.  Those Versa Pods looked slick, but I didn’t want to spend the money.
I also wanted some sort of rear support, but didn’t want to buy a Muley pod and adapter.
Here is what I came up with over the weekend:

I made the monopod in the grip out of a broken telescope tripod leg.
The bipod mount is made from some aluminum scrap I had around and a pushbutton locking pin.
Please excuse the crudity of my machine work, it was done with a hacksaw and a file.  I plan to test it out before final shaping and painting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like it will work good.  You shooting prone?
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am getting ready for groundhog hunting this year an decided I was not happy with the bipod setup I had last year.  I was using a Harris, but was not happy with out a tilt feature in the field.  Those Versa Pods looked slick, but I didn’t want to spend the money.
I also wanted some sort of rear support, but didn’t want to buy a Muley pod and adapter.
Here is what I came up with over the weekend:
i153.photobucket.com/albums/s230/tastyweasel/Copyofrifle004.jpg

i153.photobucket.com/albums/s230/tastyweasel/rifle008small.jpg

I made the monopod in the grip out of a broken telescope tripod leg.
The bipod mount is made from some aluminum scrap I had around and a pushbutton locking pin.
Please excuse the crudity of my machine work, it was done with a hacksaw and a file.  I plan to test it out before final shaping and painting.

Is your real name MacGyver??

Looks good
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top