Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2008 1:13:35 AM EDT
All of em are around the same prices. Any horror stories with any of these guys?

Model 1 Sales

J & T Dist.

MA&I

looking to build three or four ARs for the tax return hell of it. Thatnks for the help

-cwg
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have numerous builds from M&A from pistols to varmint and have had no problems. The only issue I ever had was resolved free of charge with a next day air delivery and that was for a bent charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Just stay away from Blackthorne/Hesse/Vulcan.......... and you should be ok.

I had good luck with J & T, I did have to restake my carrier key, but that was 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a J&T lightweight tactical.  No problems whatsoever.  Can't speak on the other 2 you mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I've bought several kits, upper receivers, barrels, other parts from J&T.  All very nice.

Both kits (uppers come assembled) have gone bang every time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, good deal. Do they come with the LPKs as well?

Also, are there any issues with mating m4 uppers to m16 lowers when you cross brands? Like RRA/J&T, Noveske/RRA. M4 feedramps... etc
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I fed over 130 rounds through my model 1 Dissipator upper with no issues.  Mixture of Barnaul, Wolf, WWB, and Remington every 4th round all in the course of 10 minutes.  Cant say the same for my WASR 3  Don't shoot much due to ammo prices.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top