Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2008 10:58:39 AM EDT
I've got a Stag 2H Upper with Stag LPK and I am looking for a lower.  Right now I am deciding b/t a Stag lower, Mega lower, and Sun Devil (only an extra $30 over the price of the Stag because I can get it locally.  Asthetics are moderately important.  I don't need a perfect visual match, but I don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb.  Otherwise, I just want it to fit well and function well. I have read good things about the Stag and obviously it should match the best.  The Sun Devil is a billet lower made by a local company with a great rep.  The most appealing factor is that it has a tensioner system that helps keep the lower tight to the upper.  It also looks cool, but I am worried it may not match the Stag upper at all.  I also like the look of the Mega and what I read about the quality.  Any input regarding how these will match with the Stag and what is best performing for the money would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2008 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually prefer the forged Stag lower.

Have one mated to a CMT upper: Perfect fit and finish match; $100 total cost.

Of course, being that this is all Lego, you could get the most inexpensive and switch out later.

Link Posted: 1/14/2008 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have DPMS lower on my stag upper and the color is dead on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2008 4:10:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Anvil Arms lowers match Stag uppers perfectly. I have several, they are all dead on, and no slop. Better than some others I have had in the past.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the color of the Anvil match the Stag?  The website says that it has a teflon coat which leads me to believe it won't match very well, similar to Mega.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Anvil Lower
Stag Upper
YHM LW FF

Picture doesn't do the match justice. Its right on though!

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks a million for the pic.  Nice set up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you would be crazy not to use a Stag lower. First off you already have a stag upper and LPK, maybe I'm just anal (and I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things) but I like to match up as many parts as possible on my AR. That and at $99, Stag lowers are one of the best deals out there.

Stag lowers are made by CMT who also makes RRA lowers. Judging by my RRA lowers (compared to others I have or have seen in person), CMT does a very nice job (One of the best IMO) milling a lower. The only one that may be prettier is Mega but I've never seen one in person?

The only down side to the Stag for me is I can't stand is that damn ugly deer head logo! Me personally, I hate that logo so much I'm willing to pay more to buy RRA lowers (even though they are pretty much the same lower) just for the better rolemark but even I would suck it up and buy the deer if all my other parts were already Stag. So to sum it up...

1. Best match for the parts you already have.
2. Probably the best value (Price vs. quality) out of all of the AR lowers out there.

I wish I had bought more RRA lowers back when they were $99 each
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the great input.  Will probably go with the Stag on this build and maybe go with an Anvil for my next build.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I like Denny's GTS lower.  

It's CMT/Stag manufactured and I prefer the rollmark to the deer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Go for the Stag. Why not keep it all the same maker? Price is nice plus the color should match perfect as they send it to the same annodizer. Yes, color can vary some from maker to maker and lot to lot, but buying the Stag would be your best bet IMO.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top