Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/5/2007 12:00:45 PM EDT
I need some help. What is the truth concerning the use of heavier buffers on carbines. I hear claims of increased reliability due to slower carrier speeds, reduced felt recoil, and quicker shot recovery. These things seem contradictory to me. I shoot competitive pistols and in that arena it is well known that lighter slides and lighter springs result in faster cycle times which reduce muzzle rise. A faster slide can result in less reliability if the slide moves faster than the magazine spring can lift up the next round, but it can also result in improved reliability because pistol related problems like "limp wristing" are reduced. I also know that 3-gun competitors go so far as using aluminum bolt carriers in their AR15's to speed up the cycle time. So what is the truth when it comes to carbines? I have a 14.5" barrel with a carbine length gas tube and a standard buffer. What effect will I get from the heavier buffers? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This is going to be interesting,,  i better go grab some popcorn  and watch
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top