Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 12:50:38 PM EDT
First, if there is a better forum please move.

I've been wanting a winter project of sorts and have been looking at another build. I have been mulling over 3 rifles to build: AR-15, Cetme, and AK. Money wise, I cannot afford to get all three and I can think of several reasons for and against each rifle. What would you do?

AR-15- What I want to build would be an IDF-type rifle, A1 upper (no brass deflector preferably), 16" bbl (possible SBR down the road), and NDS slabside receiver. I already have a LPK and other misc. parts to put into a build. Cost will be higher than my other 2 choices and I already have 2 AR's; A2 and M-Forgery.

Cetme- Probably the hardest of the builds and the kit contains a new bbl=more work which I may not be able to do myself. Would keep me busy longer through the winter and I would be able to have a new platform in my gun safe. I am a decent welder as well. Downside, finding compliance parts, possibly screwing a receiver flat up and 308 is 50 cents a round.

Romy AK- Cheap and easy (for me) to build. Plenty of compliance parts and kits are still available w/ original bbls although they will not last forever. I already have a Romy AK and build tools. Ammo is still affordable. I'm not totally sure I want another, I just really liked building my first.

And yes, I did post this in the AR section so I might be leaning that way just a little

What say ye?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with a black rifle. Just preference not gospel.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top