Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2007 4:25:57 PM EDT
Help me understand the difference between lower recievers. I mean you have so many companies that make (or claim to make) lower recievers. You have RRA, LMT, essential arms, stag, noveske, Dpms, POF, sabre, global tactical. etc. etc.

What is the difference between POF that sells for $300 and essential arms that sells for $75? And all the others. I have read people saying that never had a problem and they would bet their life on a stag and their lowers sell for $90-$100.

What the f**K?
Link Posted: 10/23/2007 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Logo.
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:  
 I would use any lower from a major brand if my life was on the line........it is the internal components that i WILL NOT get from a cheap supplier. It would be White Oak, Colt, RRA, or Bushmaster  for my internals. Yes, most are made by the same few companies, i just have seen that these companies have a very good quality control of what they sell.
Note: Hesse, Vulcan, Blackthorn, etc are NOT included.

How about stag internal components?
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Besides the manufacturer are there any major differences in sun devil billet and pof billet lowers? They look both well manufactured.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stag makes pretty good parts, IMO.

So far, I like the Stag Lower Parts Kits better than ANY others.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Besides the manufacturer are there any major differences in sun devil billet and pof billet lowers? They look both well manufactured.

I think they use a different type of billet material to produce the lowers. I'm not sure what grade is better. I went with the POF GeN II. Nice product  and well worth the money.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
what is wrong with DPMS internals?
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The guy who builds and sells rifles for aliving sais so, thats good enough for me! seriously, Its true, dont buy cheap parts for your rifle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top