Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:19:22 AM EDT
Well, my lower is complete and it works, but just one thing, the rear trigger gaurd roll pin protrudes a little...for the life of me, I cannot seem to get this pin all the way in so its flush with the reciever holes.  I used brass punches to get it started, and then used the guide on here with the pliers trick to "squeeze" the pin in place.  It was awfully hard to get it and the trigger gaurd itself is very tight.  Any recommendation on how to get the pin flush with the reciever?  I don't want to risk breaking the reciever "ears".

For your FYI:

Stag Lower
Stag A2 buttstock
DPMS lower parts kit
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a small C-clamp, put electrical tape on both parts of the clamp that will touch the rifle, gently squeeze the clamp together applying preassure to both ears equally. make sure your trigger guard isn't set cockeyed (not straight).    Or, just live with the roll pin sticking out a little.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
This might be a bad idea, but...

The first that comes to mind is take the roll pin back out and dremel it just a touch. This is assuming that the roll pin is actually to long for the receiver holes and needs to be "trimmed".

That was my first thought at least.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the same thing happen to me and I had to just let it go because I was about to break the receiver in anger.  A vice might work though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
The first step I do when I build a receiver is to clean out all holes with an approriate drill bit. Maybe the offside hole has something that is hanging up the rollpin from going all the way through.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you know which drill bits to buy? Sounds like a good idea to clean up the holes a little.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top