Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:45:42 AM EDT
Some questions regarding manufacture of 3 items.

1.  Unmarked 16' HBar, FSB non "F"; FSB is pinned to barrel with roll pins rather than tapered pins, threaded muzzle with A1 FS.

2.  A1 upper receiver with built in brass deflector, no forge mark.

3.  Unshrouded BCG has "SE" etched in a shield on carrier.

Any speculation??    
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some questions regarding manufacture of 3 items.

1.  Unmarked 16' HBar, FSB non "F"; FSB is pinned to barrel with roll pins rather than tapered pins, threaded muzzle with A1 FS. Olympic?

2.  A1 upper receiver with built in brass deflector, no forge mark. ?

3.  Unshrouded BCG has "SE" etched in a shield on carrier. Smith Enterprises?

Any speculation??    

Pure speculation...sorry.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought that Smith Enterprises sounded familiar, but looking at their website indicates they don't offer AR15/M16 BCG's at this time.

Thought that the barrel might be Olympic, it just occured to me that someone may have bought a stripped barrel, drilled and pinned their own FSB without having a taper drilling bit.

Wonder if many people do that??

The receiver is a mystery.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought that Smith Enterprises sounded familiar, but looking at their website indicates they don't offer AR15/M16 BCG's at this time.

Thought that the barrel might be Olympic, it just occured to me that someone may have bought a stripped barrel, drilled and pinned their own FSB without having a taper drilling bit.

Wonder if many people do that??

The receiver is a mystery. Old C7 style by DPMS

My 2¢
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a C7 style definately, no forge mark was the puzzler; was DPMS known for using unmarked forgings??
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Olympic barrels are usually marked with the caliber, and they use solid pins for the front sight base (usually a cast FSB, the word "Up" and the arrow near the sight are usually raised and the thin casting seam is visible instead of the thick seam from forging)

DPMS barrels are often not marked.  DPMS usually uses solid pins as well.  

This could be a parts upper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe it is a DPMS barrel and C7 upper receiver assembly that some one put the SE BCG in???

I thought everybody used taper pins on the FSB though.`
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top