Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 1:34:33 PM EDT
Just something I noticed.

Recently aquired a BM lower with internals but no stock.

I went with RRA's telestock assembly and it didn't really seem to cover the recoil spring detent all that well.

It struck me to get a BM tube and see if there was a difference.

It seems that the BM tube has a lip that covers the detent much better; but it appears that you are locked into using a BM tube unless you want to do a bit of machining yourself.

Anyone else notice this??

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Both the Bushmaster and RRA stocks I have have the lip. Only stocks I have seen without the lip were the cheap ones.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA, directly from PK; IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Both the Bushmaster and RRA stocks I have have the lip. Only stocks I have seen without the lip were the cheap ones.

And the original two position Colt
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

My RRA, DPMS, DoubleStar, and Tapco stocks all have it too.  A Leapers Chinese one was the only one I've seen in a 6-pos stock that didn't have it.  It, you could fix by grinding off some of the top of the extension, screwing it in farther, and making your own "lip" on the bottom of it.

Now, none of my 4-pos stocks have that lip at all.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Upon closer comparison, looks like the RRA's do have a lip, just not quite as long as the BM OEM.

Just a tiny bit of length difference is critical here.  The RRA looked like that detent could break through, the BM covers it properly.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
.....you could fix by grinding off some of the top of the extension, screwing it in farther, and making your own "lip" on the bottom of it.

I’ve had to do this in the past.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.....you could fix by grinding off some of the top of the extension, screwing it in farther, and making your own "lip" on the bottom of it.

I’ve had to do this in the past.

Thought of this too; however a BM tube was available at low cost luckily.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top