Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 1:44:01 PM EDT
I placed an order sunday afternoon for a 20" A2 kit, along with an extra lpk and an extra bolt stop and roll pin. I have recieved no less than three emails asking me if I am sure that is what I want

Granted their website is the worst as far as trying to place an order I have ever used, but I thought I had made myself clear in the response to the first two emails, yet I still recieved another today. IMHO they have great prices and top notch parts, at least for my needs, but when their website causes this much confusion to their shipping department its time to admit the website sucks and start over.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you give them a call and ask?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why don't you give them a call and ask?

I was planning to tommorrow, didnt put that in my post. My point was if an order placed on the website is not clear, they need to look at the website. For instance, I ordered an A2 upper but the pic is of a flat top. That was one of the questions asked, are you sure you want an A2
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
They seem to have a great reputation around here, but I would agree their website sucks. They just redid it too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
So your upset that J&T is confirming your order in a timely manner. You might try contacting them to resolve this issue. I would hate to see any dealer get a bad rap without a fair chance to make it right.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
J&T's website has always been the low point of their business.  Including not even having one for a good while. But what they lack in tech, they make up for in service.  I have always had good luck with them and always talked with someone on the phone.

Maybe something wasn't clear when it got to the shipping dept and they just wanted to confirm.  ???  I would rather have them ask than get the wrong thing and have to send it back.

Good luck...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Maybe something wasn't clear when it got to the shipping dept and they just wanted to confirm.  ???  I would rather have them ask than get the wrong thing and have to send it back.

Good luck...

Hmmm... maybe this is evidence that they're trying harder since MY last experience with them. Based on that experience, I couldn't recommend them to anyone. Had to return a carbine kit three times before they got it right.

In their defense, they WERE polite each time I had to make the "WTF?" call.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
i always call and order, they haven't let me down yet. i will continue to do biusness with J&T do the the quality products they have. just give them a call, very friendly folks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So your upset that J&T is confirming your order in a timely manner. You might try contacting them to resolve this issue. I would hate to see any dealer get a bad rap without a fair chance to make it right.

No, they sent an email right after I placed the order confirming the contents of the shopping cart I approved. The next day they sent two emails wanting to know if I actually wanted an extra lpk. I sent an email that yes I know the kit comes with a lpk, I would like another along with the another bolt stop and roll pin.

I am not going to post the emails, it just read to me like they were really confused about the order generated by their crappy website.

Make no mistake, great company to do business with, as long as you call the order in. I will never place another order on the website again.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they sent an email right after I placed the order confirming the contents of the shopping cart I approved. The next day they sent two emails wanting to know if I actually wanted an extra lpk. I sent an email that yes I know the kit comes with a lpk, I would like another along with the another bolt stop and roll pin.

I am not going to post the emails, it just read to me like they were really confused about the order generated by their crappy website.

Make no mistake, great company to do business with, as long as you call the order in. I will never place another order on the website again.

Yea, because answering two e-mails is soooo tiering.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, because answering two e-mails is soooo tiering.

Actually three emails, two wanting to know if I really, really wanted the extra lpk and another wanting to know if I really wanted an A2 upper. Its no hassle, I guess I just wanted more shipping and less emails.

This was one of those threads you start after a bad day at work, and in hindsight does make me look just a little nitpicky.

Props to J&T for going the extra mile and then some to verify my order, and here is hoping they someday fix their website.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Jesse can straighten it out for you.  He actually answers the questions in the J&T/DoubleStar Industry Forum (unlike many other manufacturers, who take weeks to answer if they do at all).

Their website is a little interesting to use, to say the least.  It looks nice, but they are lacking in some of the bells and whistles.

I can see why they'd want to confirm an order like that one, though.  An extra LPK AND an extra bolt catch and roll pin?  Why two extra bolt catches?  Do you have massive black rifle fever like me and need the extra parts for another build?

Nobody (but me) seems to like A2s anymore either.  I bet they don't get a lot of calls for those these days.

I'd confirm that order twice or thrice too, if I were in shipping.  Lots of folks order what they think they want without actually hitting the right buttons and get what they didn't want.  If you don't want an A3-upper M4-clone kit, I guess you stand out.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]
This has to be the dumbet post ever.

Someone is complaining that a company is confirming their order.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I just had a great experience with JT.  I called in an order because it didn't go threw on the website.  Found out the site didn't work but they could take my order over the phone.  I placed a very specific, non traditional order and they had no problem taking it and getting it sent out to me extremly fast.  They knew there stuff on the other end of the phone and helped me make the right choices for what I was looking for.  I was very satisfied with my first order.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top