Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:04:02 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting a Del-Ton kit and am undecided about which to get.  I am getting the rifle for my sons (pre-teens and small for their age).  I would prefer a mid-length because of the longer sight radius and more reliable operation.  Since Del-Ton does not offer a lightweight barrel in the mid-length, I am thinking of their CAR with a lightweight barrel instead.  Is the lower weight enought to make a difference to my sons? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to push you off Del-ton, they are here in NC and good people, but CMMG makes a nice midddy lightweight.  I have one of theres. Bought from BigDawg on the EE.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a very noticeable difference in weight. Will they mostly be shooting off hand or from a bench? You really can't go wrong either way. They will appreciate the light weight of the CAR now, but they can always grow into the middy. :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll second the 14.5" lightweight midlength barrel from CMMG.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
of your choices, i'd get the lightweight

the weight savings is noticible
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the responses.  It is so hard to make a decision when you can't handle them side by side.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top