Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 3:39:13 PM EDT
Wanted to post this real quick.....

As someone noted in GD , now might be a good time to buy a few....dozen... stripped lowers before the comming election takes place.

Anyways, i was curious about the quality of the following lowers. I've already built one ar15 from a stripped lower (RRA) and it worked out quite well, outside of the safety detent not fitting to well.

AIM has these 3 in stock under $100, and i didn't know about quality/machining differences.

Stag Arms (99)
Superior arms (89)
Double Star (99)

I've known alot of people to have stag arms without problems.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
they are all fine
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Of the three listed, I have used the superior arms stripped lowers and like them a lot. I have built on dpms, rock river, olympic, superior and bushmaster, the only one I had a problem with was the bushmaster ( machine chips stuck down in the boltcatch plunger hole )
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've built on Stag and Superior.  Both are fine.  The Stag was a touch more refined.  The Superior offers a couple of inovations.

The Superior allows for the use of a set screw to adjust pretravel out of a trigger, as well as a deeper pivot pin detent hole that makes installing the detent pin and spring a touch easier.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've built on Stag and Superior.  Both are fine.  The Stag was a touch more refined.  The Superior offers a couple of inovations.

The Superior allows for the use of a set screw to adjust pretravel out of a trigger, as well as a deeper pivot pin detent hole that makes installing the detent pin and spring a touch easier.

So how well does that work?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
The lower is drilled and tapped to allow the instalation of a set screw that goes in front of the grip screw.  It can be adjusted against the tail of the trigger to take out the extra travel of the trigger.  It doesn't work real well with after market two stage triggers though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Superior because it dosn't have a deer head or a bat on it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Spikes' Tactical. Forget about the rest. Doesn't matter.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top