Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:07:19 AM EDT
Have they gone to trial against him, yet? Or did they drop the charges? Or did he plead out?

Whats new with that deal?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag, 'cuz I'm curious myself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes anyone know? hy.gif
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Refresh my memory, that was the company making the 80% AR lowers that screwed together, right
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:Refresh my memory, that was the company making the 80% AR lowers that screwed together, right

correct
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno about the screw together part.  I thought the ATF was pissed at him because he was letting customers use his cnc mill to finish their 80% receivers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
He was arrested in part for a video where he claims he is holding his guns he made himself. He is proported to be a convicted felon. ChaChing!

That's what I heard from rumor control.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no idea what the status is.

Last I read the case hinged on the fact that the BATFE believed that his "80%" lowers were actually finished to a degree that they were considered Firearms and were being sold without the correct license and without the correct markings.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys go read his web site, I have heard of no resolution, some charges have been dropped but not all.

He basically sold 80% with letters of approval from the BATF that were FAKE.  Had he contacted them first he could have gotten his own letters instead of copying someone else's letters.

His biggest problem was not paying income taxes on his money and telling an undercover agent he didn't have to pay taxes.

They were clearly 80% but when you don't pay taxes and lie about BATF approval for your product you are asking for trouble.

The build videos were produced by another guy and he got in trouble because they packaged both products together and he handled the credit card sales.  I think the video guy will end up OK.

Edit;  Here's his page;  http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Also the Feds have dropped their charges in just New Hampshire that's still after him.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top