Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2007 5:35:58 AM EDT
Now that I have my 80% lower done and tested out, I was thinking of getting some custom engraving done.  Here's a few pics of what I came up with, though I'm sure I will come up with a few more.  The first one is my take on the Colt 6920.  Sorry about the image size, forgot to resize em.  Opinions please.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
leave them off
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#2]
put whatever makes you happy on them.  The magwell engraving looks like it should be done with a laser, but you'll want real engraving for the selector markings.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
mr.publik those are great ideas for engraving
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
You spelled "Constitutional" wrong on the first one.

Not to be a Spelling Nazi, or anything but it would be bad if you gave that text to the engraver.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you spelling nazi.  I hadn't noticed that screw up.  Guess that's what happens at 11 pm after a few rum & cokes......I will remember to correct it.

Anjan, that's exactly what I intend to do, laser the magwel, and cut the selector marks
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the Second Amendment one on the magwell is cool.  The "restricted" thing seems a little hokey to me, but hey, whatever.

I wish I had the skills to do an 80% lower.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#7]
have a white dot put where the sear pin goes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Know of anybody who will engrave an 80 percent when I finish one? I'm wanting to put my gunsmith logo on it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Check with orion arms, and khalan weaponry.  Orion told me they would engrave whatever I wanted, but they require the name of manufacturer, city, state, and serial #(they also said they could engrave these if I wanted them to).  The guy at khalan said he could only engrave em prior to being completed, so you would have to send it to him still in 80%, then complete it when you got it back from him.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top