Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2007 3:06:40 PM EDT
Hmm, Well I found the build the ar15 for dummies guide....but I can't find anything that actually shows how to match a lower with an upper....help?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hmm, Well I found the build the ar15 for dummies guide....but I can't find anything that actually shows how to match a lower with an upper....help?

slide the pivot and take down pins to the right (these are in the lower)

align upper onto lower

push in the pins

you may need to put the pivot(front) pin in first, then pivot the upper into place, and push the takedown(rear) pin in

as these are new, the pins may be pretty stiff till the wear in
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW!

I just did it, I had NO IDEA it would be so easy!

I thought the pins would have to come all the way out, and I was trying to figure out how I was going to get those tiny springs back in there, after I tried it, I see they only slide to the right, but don't come out, sweet!

I have a complete 6.5 Grendel AR15!!!

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoa! Thats all i can say.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WOW!

I just did it, I had NO IDEA it would be so easy!

I thought the pins would have to come all the way out, and I was trying to figure out how I was going to get those tiny springs back in there, after I tried it, I see they only slide to the right, but don't come out, sweet!

I have a complete 6.5 Grendel AR15!!!

This might be of interest to you.

Operator's Manual w/Components List M16A2, M4, M4A1
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You bought a 6.5 Grendel as your first AR?

Well...um...congrats.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top