Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:16:21 PM EDT
hi i did a search on couldn't really find any info on model 1 kits i was wondering if anyone had any kind of experience with them, like reliability and if it would be ok for my first ar. o also i dont need a nail driver just something fun to play with.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have one and it's never giving me problems.  Plenty accurate, too.

Trigger was heavy so that was later upgraded to a rock river two-stage.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
This question is asked often.  Here are some links:

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My 1st and only AR is a model 1 sales kit.

I bought the kit in 2005 at a Dallas gun show. Well, I soon found out that gas ports were optional back then.

Model 1 fixed it, customer service was okay. It's a good gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2, 1 5.56 and 1 6.8spc. 1 in M-4 setup and 1 Std heavy barrel, both chrome lined, both 16" bbls. no problems cycle and function fine. Both on Stag lowers.

Nothing yet to complain about
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Aimless
Problem with ER Shaw barrels?
Who do they make them for?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I just put together a Model 1 Sales C.A.R. 16" complete kit on a CMMG lower.

The sales staff was great. I had the kit 4 business days latter.

All components went together smoothly, no "rework" or fitting was required. Color match to my receiver was execellent.

The stock trigger was heavy at about 10 pounds. I did a trigger job and brought it back to about 6 pounds. Heavy or light, the trigger group has a nice clean break.

I just built it up this week so, haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. Manual cycling is flawless, headspace is set A-OK (got the 5.56 Nato chamber). As to the ER Shaw barrel, I've used ER Shaw on other rifles and had no problems, they shoot better that I do!

This is my first AR build for a one off report however, any issues M!S had a few years ago seems to be corrected. I'll make a final judgement after a trip to the range.

Also, they seem to be the most cost effective even thought it is only $10 to $40 or so. That pays the shipping.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I built one several years ago, I still have it. the upper has always worked great. It is one of my favorite rifles. The lower parts kit was not so great, the roll pins seem to be over sized.
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a 16" upper on a dpms lower. Works fine. No issues
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have used there 1:9 16" fluted h-bar, flat top kit with the short LE stock on a stag lower. Rifle functions well and is plenty accurate. The trigger was extremely heavy and very detrimental to accuracy until I was able to smooth things up. I also used there 204 flat top upper on a superior lower and this rifle also shoots well but has a very heavy trigger. I haven't had any issues requiring service so far but there staff was friendly and shipped promptly.  Fit of these uppers were ok but not near as tight as my RRA but then again I didn't spend near as much on them either.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a 20" stainless upper and BCG from them last year and it was great. Very accurate and reliable. No complaints and super fast shipping.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a M1 Sales 20" SS Heavy barrel varmint kit.  I am very happy with, it runs flawlessly. It is now approaching 2000 rounds, with no problems of any kind.  It shoots 1/2" to 3/4"  5 shot groups at 100 yds on a regular basis.  The only issue I have had was the trigger guard and bolt stop roll pins were slightly over diameter (I polished them in a drill and they fit perfectly).  M1S customer service is excellent.  I lost a spring and they sent me 2 new ones at no cost.  I used a Stag lower and the rifle is just as tight as my RRA rifle.  They may have had problems years ago, but they appear to have been taken care of, based on my personal experience.

G
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#13]
This is a repost of another discussion

MODEL 1 SALES? Hmmm? Lets see..... my charging handle was phucked up when I tried to install it, they had to send me out a new one. After assembling it the hammer kept catching on the carrier, had to do a bit of home gunsmithing on her to even get it to run. All the bugs worked out and she shoots fine. BUT.... for the amount of money spent on this thing I'd rather not to have to phuck around with it!
P.s. build was model 1 sales car16 with a mega lower.
M4
model 1 sales?? I'd pass for round 2!

Still would pass on Model1sales.com.....AND they raised their prices? Wasnt that great of a deal when the prices were lower!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I assembled one of their CAR kits with SS barrel, the gun worked perfect for me, never jammed one time, including bump fire. accurate too.

I just ordered another one a few days ago.

I like the easy customization that their web site allows.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#15]
the only problem I have had with model 1 is that the staking on the key is almost non existent.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top