Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2007 9:22:55 AM EDT
I am looking to put a parts kit on 2 of my stripped DPMS lowers and i was wondering what are the best parts kits out there for the money? I want a good two stage trigger for my varminter and a single stage for my carbine. What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA....
i have a DPMS LPK and i am not pleased. either that or the superior lower has tollerance issues. the lower feels like crap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
RRA....
i have a DPMS LPK and i am not pleased. either that or the superior lower has tollerance issues. the lower feels like crap.

I'd vote the lower but who knows.  I've had three DPMS LPK's of different runs and they all worked fine.  All the makes have a slip up.  My RRA kit was fine, but the trigger was the heaviest of any stock group I've used.  I prefer CMT/Stag.  The parts were fine and it's the best factory trigger I've ever used.

The worst LPK I ever used was an out of spec kit from J&T in 2004.  I had several out of spec parts that weren't usable.

If price were no option CMT/Stag everytime.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used several Stag LPKs for the past couple of years and couldn't be happier with them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I want a good two stage trigger for my varminter and a single stage for my carbine. What do you recommend?

I have a RRA LPK with their 2-stage NM trigger. I am very pleased with it. The only problem I had with the LPK was the selector lever wasn't quite right. A couple minutes with a file and she works like a charm now.

I'm considering putting another RRA 2-stage in my Bushy carbine.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used Stag/CMT, DPMS and CMMG.  I didn't have any problems with any of them.  The nicest one as far as finish is concerned was the CMMG.

Cheers,

RS
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used several RRA lower parts kits. I have been very happy with each and ever one.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
stag is far the best i've used for lpks'.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top