Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2007 6:51:16 PM EDT
Bought a couple RRA A2 buttstocks and went to install them on a couple Sabre lowers today. First time I've installed A2s so forgive my ignorance. Seems like the hole in the stock is oversize for the receiver extension, once the stock is seated you can twist it and the plastic will move around a good bit at the rear of the lower. Don't remember my issue A2s or the RRA A2 I had doing that. And when the stock is screwed on, the A2 spacer rattles around tween the extension and stock. I had considered permatexing the spacer in til I found the oversize hole issue.
Unless someone points out someplace I goofed, I'll probably return these. Are Rock River's A2 stocks a no-go in general, or did I just get a bad pair? If this is par for RRA stocks, who makes good A2 setups?
Thanks much.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Contact Sabre and ask what their source is for A2 stocks, and whether they will sell you one.  A2 stocks are not listed in the catalog, but ask....  They use A2 stocks on target rifles.

Someone told me that it is a good idea to get parts from the same maker as the lower.  Tolerances will more likely match.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up an RRA A2 stock last month. It was a rattling POS with a poorly fitted buttplate and a completely plastic trapdoor assembly. I sent it back. I think a lot of manufacturers have gone to a cheaper A2 stock though, so you might be better off getting a "like new" but older stock on the EE.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Looks like I just needed to man-up and crank on the screw cuz once I got it tightened down crazy tight everything stopped rattlin and they seem like they will work. But I agree that the makers are probably cheapenin' up their A2 parts.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top