Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2007 4:56:13 AM EDT
I finally "pulled the trigger" and purchased the J&T kit.  I now need a lower.  I'll probably get a J&T lower transferred to my local FFL.  Hopefully I'll have a tack driver when I'm finished.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I've found a Rock River lower locally for an ok price.  I guess there's no issues mounting this kit on a RR lower?  I wonder if the finish with be similar?  Have J&T kits been good qulity?  I bought the 24" barrel but now I'm 2nd guessing myself and wondering if I should have gone with a 20" instead.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a J&T 24" bull barreled upper and it's great. I love the thing, but it's very heavy. I shoot off a bench, so weight doesn't matter, but it's too heavy for any type of hunting what requires you to carry it around. But for groundhogs or long distance paper punching, it can't be beat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
I have a J&T 24" bull barreled upper and it's great. I love the thing, but it's very heavy. I shoot off a bench, so weight doesn't matter, but it's too heavy for any type of hunting what requires you to carry it around. But for groundhogs or long distance paper punching, it can't be beat.

This is what I was hoping to hear.  When I talked to J&T on the phone they said this was their most accurate barrel.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you will be disappointed.  I'm very happy with the performance of the Wilson Air Guaged HBAR that I got in their Marksman upper.  It liked any varmint round form Federal 55gr Power-Shok to Winchester bulk 45gr HPs, but seemed especially fond of Black Hills 68gr HP match.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
I don't think you will be disappointed.  I'm very happy with the performance of the Wilson Air Guaged HBAR that I got in their Marksman upper.  It liked any varmint round form Federal 55gr Power-Shok to Winchester bulk 45gr HPs, but seemed especially fond of Black Hills 68gr HP match.

I bought the 24" 1/8 barrell, and I believe it will handle the heavier bullets for long range.  Is this correct?  And to shoot the lighter bullets you'll want 1/10, correct?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]
The 1:8  will hadle most any bullet Weight/Length from 40-77 from what I understand.  Some 40 Grain HPs can have thin jackets that I have heard may have some problems with the rapid twist rate.  I fired 45-75 grainers yesterday through a 1:8 and it did quite well with the Winchester 45 gr HP bulk box type.  It also did quite well with the 68 grainers.  I have yet to get my hands on some high quality 75-77gr ammo yet.  I may just have to roll my own.  

The HBAR was pretty accurateand weight wise was a compromise to allow it to be fieldable for Predator/ Varmint hunting on foot.  

Edit for clarity and to add that I put a range report with pics in my post on J&T turn around time.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top