Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:01:19 PM EDT
I currently have a DPMS Panther Bull with an A2 mil spec stock.  I just ordered a Magpul Precision stock.  Do I need any special tools to take off the A2 stock and replace it with the Magpul?  I am a fairly smart person but have no experience with stock removal.  Thanks for your help guys!

Daryn
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A screw driver, the Mag Pul is a direct replacment for the A2 Pull the top screw from the butt slide the old stock off the Tube and reverse to install the new precision stock.
Provided the DPMS uses a mil spec tube and the Mag Pul uses the same if it is a comercial tube the diameter is slightly differant, if the mag pul comes with a tube and spring ect. Unscrew the old tube and replace it  same as installing the tube on a new build.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input.  Yes, the DMPS uses milspec so hopefully its as easy as you say!  I appreciate the help.

Daryn
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top