Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 8:08:20 AM EDT
I have a RRA pistol lower I purchased awhile ago.  I've since changed my mind about building a pistol and wish to use it for a rifle instead.  As the lower was designated and sold as a "pistol" am I'm going to run into a problem if I use it to build a rifle instead.  I'm thinking not, because I remember T/C kits and .45 auto kits to transform a pistol into a rifle, but I still want some validation first.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to build it into a pistol first!!! Then take Pictures to prove it was once a pistol, then build your rifle, it is easy, before you put the butstock/stock body on the buffer tube it is a pistol, no matter how long the barrel is. Lets use a 20" A2 for example I could assemble the whole "rifle", less butstock, and it is a pistol. take a picture to prove it was once a pistol, then slide the stock body on the buffer tube, and put a screw in it, and it is a rifle, you can go back and forth to pistol/rifle as you please, but remember if the barrel is less than 16" you cant have a stock on it. so put a legal length barrel on before putting a stock on.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top