Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2007 12:15:48 AM EDT
I know I could probably wade through the BATF wbsite to find this out, but, I like asking you guys.  What is the legal barrel length for civilian purchase and ownership?  I am interested in purchasing a 10.5" upper and I want to make sure that it is legal to own one.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Without paying for the SBR tax stamp ($200) legal length is 16".

Mike
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats the story on the SBR tax stamp.  I am not familiar with the process or what it is.  I know I am showing my ignorance, but, sometimes I need some help translating legalise into english.  Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Visit this forum on ar15

ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=17

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Visit this forum on ar15

ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=17

Close, Class III firearms.  SBR FAQ
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You see, that's what I love about this forums, you guys have it all.  Except online membership registration.  You need to put a place on the web where I can pay for my membership online.  I want to become a team member.  Thanks a lot.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You see, that's what I love about this forums, you guys have it all.  Except online membership registration.  You need to put a place on the web where I can pay for my membership online.  I want to become a team member.  Thanks a lot.

Memberships can be bought online here
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]
As agreed, I have now become a member at the Bronze Level.  So, now I have more stuff to figure out!  Great.....Once again, thanks to the AR15 Team, as I can always count on you for a timely and accurate responses to my questions.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top