Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 4:00:37 PM EDT
Got my first upper for my first build today...i went with a 16" medcon stainless bbl.  I have a couple of questions... I was under the impression the reciever's insides would be chrome plated (it is not)...  Also where are the markings on the bbl? Shouldnt it say 1:7 twist somewhere?  I just want to check up on this... but are all there medcon bbl's 1:7's?  And i guess they test fire the uppers before they go out too, yes?

Also, this thing looks awesome!  And as others have mentioned their customer service was great...and they were very fast...i was going to go with the chrome lined medcon bbl but they said that would be another 6-8 weeks.  Said they had the SS medcon's in and could get them out as soon as they made the upper...Soooo, i ordered it last friday over the phone and they shipped it wednesday of this week, it got here today.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
markings are on the bottom rear of the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah, i see, had to use the flashlight on it.  Thank ya
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
ss barrels are not chrome lined, except for one that dennysguns did and that was the first of that sort.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
nice, my 2nd cmmg upper shipped fri. i went with the mi rail to try that monolithic look.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there stainless "matte" in finish?  I am looking at one and it's hard to tell in the picture.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top