Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:29:12 AM EDT
Still new to the AR but have been reading the site religiously. Great Stuff! My fiance is quite enamored with the new addition; so much so that she inquires about our next "range date" every couple days. Damn the loss of daylight savings! She is a licensed contractor, but is still rather "girly". Her toolbelt, tools, etc. are pink.

To my question. I want to build her a carbine with pink furniture for Valentine's Day. I have sent my membership $$$ in, but my account is not activated and my searches are limited. My searches thus far have resulted only in references to girls with pink ARs, but I haven't identified any vendors yet. I prefer a factory job over a DIY, if they're out there.

You guys have any leads? Sigh...I know...2 posts and I'm asking about pink stuff.h.gif Cut me some slack. I'm grateful the lady-freind is stoked about the AR. She's wanted little to do with my hunting rifles, shotguns, sidearms, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Keib
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Ameetec was the best place to get em...dont know if they still have em

Cavalry Arms was another dealer who had em

Link Posted: 1/12/2007 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Nobody is currently making them.
I can't find anyone selling them any more either.
Your best bet is to have a set duracoated.
That is the path I'm going to follow for my gf's AR.

Link Posted: 1/12/2007 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Call ameetec......I was there in Early December, and they had a few hanging on the wall.....

AND, if they don't, Krylon is your friend......For less than $100, you can buy replacement parts (stock, grip, and handguards), a can of Pink spray paint, and a little time.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've emailed the dealers Ghost recommended.

regards,

Keib
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Still new to the AR but have been reading the site religiously. Great Stuff! My fiance is quite enamored with the new addition; so much so that she inquires about our next "range date" every couple days.  Sigh...I know...2 posts and I'm asking about pink stuff. Cut me some slack. I'm grateful the lady-freind is stoked about the AR. She's wanted little to do with my hunting rifles, shotguns, sidearms, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Keib

Do everything to support her interest in the shooting sports. Be that an EBR or and EPR...(evil pink rifle). Many other colors are available too. Check it out. Pink is 3/4 of the way down the page.

www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_all_colors.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Im thinking of building a AR with pink furnishings. Anyone have pics of AR's with pink?

Since it seems hard to find stocks, handguards and grips made from pink plastic, Im thinking about duracoat.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]
pink AR-15s on the way:

Personally, I wouldn't be caught DEAD! "Honey,could you hold my pink AR while I reload my mags?"

Link Posted: 1/13/2007 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The way that guy is standing, I'm guessing thats his rifle :)
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys...been away from the computer for a week. Had some "business" in Snowmass.

Thanks for the link Longhunter. Made my order this morning. $15 shipping for a 4 oz bottle is quite the bargain.

I'll post her build when I get it done...although I left most of my discretionary $$ in Colorado last week.

regards,

Keib
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#10]
my girl wants a pink one too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#11]
One from England:

V22 upper on a Cav Arms Lower?

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sorry guys...been away from the computer for a week. Had some "business" in Snowmass.

Thanks for the link Longhunter. Made my order this morning. $15 shipping for a 4 oz bottle is quite the bargain.

I'll post her build when I get it done...although I left most of my discretionary $$ in Colorado last week.

regards,

Keib

Are you done yet?  Are you done yet?  

I'm thinking about building a lightweight AR in 22LR with pink furniture for my girlfriend too.  Be sure to post up some pics

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
prolly wont have one pop before V-day since its the 18th,  but you can keep checking the EE I see em pop up there now and then.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is my daughter shooting hers.  The guys at CMMG duracoted it for her.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Cavalry Arms was the company making them.  They are not a dealer and they stopped doing direct sales years ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the rifle I built for my daughter.  Cav Arms furniture (purchased years ago).  I shoot it quite a bit as she is still a bit small to shoot it.  BFD if someone has a problem with a man and a pink gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Pink rifle. Just the thing to show her that you are "in touch with your feminine side."

Good for you! One more convert!
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
i think those last two with the pink furniture only dont look bad, i would not be embarassed if thats what my chick/daughter wanted.  as long as she shoots it.  i saw a pic of a girl with a pink dcm rifle, that was the best.  duracoat is the best option, krylon that is baked is more durable than straight krylon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, U won't have the "evil black rifle" sitting in court if ya use one of those

But, U can get any rifle U want, and justs end it off to be duracoated, as others have said.

Visit: ps90forum.com
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd like to build my wife an AR with brown furniture, but put the Louis Vuitton pattern all over it.

Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#21]
(Let me kid around a little bit before my wife and/or daughter(s) (heaven forbid my son) asks me to build one)  but I'm just curious, does the pink color help it shoot faster/flatter?  You know like when you were a kid and a new pair of shoes with flames on it made you run faster?  Sorry I had to put that out there.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#22]
wow, pink ARs? who woulda thought...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I think it's kind of weird, but if you already have one for your self that is not pink then is ok. Like someone mentioned if you make a gun that got some leather and Louis Vuitton all over it, i think girl would like that better then pink. If it's going this far maybe someone should make a gun with Dolce & Gabbana all over it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought for a while about putting together a "girly" AR for use as a 'loaner' to give to my friends when they would come to the range.  They all ended up having me build them ARs and teach them how so my pink AR never materialized.  

To all the nay-sayers who are uncomfortable with a pink/purple/whatever color society deems "unmanly" I only have this to say:  Someone I know says, "tell me the caliber of my handgun when I put a round through your eye before you realize the gunfight started."  I think that something along the same lines can be said for a "girly" rifle. Appearance is only skin deep, and I think that if a pink rifle can get one more person to have a pro shooting/AR/RKBA viewpoint then that's great.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#25]
This AR furniture is from aemtech.  They didn't have it listed, but my friend contated them and they provided.  The mag I did using KG gunkote custom blend of red and white.

Semi related, I did a home schooling mom's shotgun with surefire rail in the same pink (note the use of slugs):

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Duracoat is your friend:

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'd like to build my wife an AR with brown furniture, but put the Louis Vuitton pattern all over it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1816726

Is that real, or a photoshop?

I may get my wife into these rifles yet!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]
pink ARs have Senior Staff approval...

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top