Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 5:39:21 PM EDT
Gonna do it.  I forgot to order their reducer, do I need their product or what thinner can i use from the craft, hardware and or hobby shop????
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i just used a cheap airbrush and airbrush compressor, didnt need to thin it.  i think acetone or mek will clean it up.  you could also go to sherwin williams and ask them.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi I have done about 8 rifles and pistols and scopes. With colt gray and coyote brown. I have never used there reducer. Just follow there instructions. I use carb spray to clean up the air brush after. Works great. Try somthing like a old mag light to get a feel for it. Its very easy to use just take your time and make sure your parts are clean and dry. For mesureing get a set of Stanless steel spoons. The carb spray washed away the size markings on my plastic ones. You will be amaszed at how much you can do with a little 4oz bottle. If its cold were you are use a hair dryer to warm up and speed dry time. Also if you are useing a propelent can for air brush keep it in some warm or hot water. So that it wont freze up on you.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top