Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 9:24:41 PM EDT
I have four standard A2 grips.  They range in grip surface length from the new DPMS grip I just got in my gunsmith-packed (plastic baggie) DPMS parts kit (very short) to a really long one I got as part of a complete lower from Del-ton using a DPMS LPK.

The long one (Del-ton DPMS) is much more comfortable for my big hands and is 76mm long from tip to tip of the front grip surface.  The newest one is only 70mm long, and cramps my fingers together.  My other two (bought used in the EE - no idea who made them) are in between, but both are nearer to the shorter one in length (~72mm).  Is that much variance NORMAL for A2 grips?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I noticed this difference too.  Bushmaster, Stag, and DPMS all differed a bit in length.  I didn't actually measure, but I don't think it would have been 6mm difference.  Weird, huh?  You would think they would all follow a certain standard or spec.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they would, and I only noticed they were different because the new one made my fingers feel cramped up.  If there IS a spec, it must have a wide tolerance.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top