AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 9:05:28 PM EDT
So far I have  

Sabre Defence 16" 1:7 Mid length upper
LMT Gen 2 stock
LMT lower with a CMT LPK
Sabre Defence bolt/carrier assembly

Now all I need is some sort of rear sight, I was thinking of getting either a carry handle or BUIS and while shopping on CTD I noticed these two that were much cheaper than the competition

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR119-48296-1887.html
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR140-47756-1887.html

Are these any good, are they just magically 70$ cheaper? Should I buy one?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No, spend the extra cash on a carry handle made by the same manufacturer as your upper (LMT is always a good choice) or a quality BUIS. More than likely that CH you saw on CTD is a knockoff and won't hold zero or will give you some problem down the road.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Your weapon is only as good as your sights.  I would invest money in quality sights/handle and save money somewhere else if the budget was tight.  Don't short change yourself on the sights.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#3]

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR119-48296-1887.html
www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR140-47756-1887.html

NO--dont get those chicom POS sights for your SHFT/duty/primary weapon; while some might be fine, others tend to loosen up easily, loose zero, and fall apart

check the EE, get a good used USA forged carry handle (RRA, DPMS, bushy, etc) or BUIS for ~$70; if not, then get a new one for ~$100
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
IMHO dont get a "carry handle"

Get a quality BUIS now, take your pick there are many to chose from.  If you go with the carry handle now then WHEN you decide to add and optic like an Aimpoint you will take the carry handle off, add the optic and then be in the market for a BUIS anyway.  

JUst my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, not what I had hoped to hear but what I expected. I havnt really skimped yet I dont see the need to when it affects my ability to actually hit what I aim at. Thanks for your replys.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMHO dont get a "carry handle"

Get a quality BUIS now, take your pick there are many to chose from.  If you go with the carry handle now then WHEN you decide to add and optic like an Aimpoint you will take the carry handle off, add the optic and then be in the market for a BUIS anyway.  

JUst my humble opinion.

+1

If you're going to get a dot sight later on get either a fixed or flip up BUIS.

I would recommend the LaRue fixed BUIS if you don't require elevation (and most of us don't need elevation adjustment), if you want elevation get the LMT BUIS.

If you're going to put an optical scope later I would recommend a Troy or KAC 300m flip-up BUIS (without elevation) and KAC 600m or Matech flip-up BUIS (with elevation).

The Big Bad BUIS FAQ tacked thread link
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my YHM flip-up BUISs.  The YHM flip-up is light, short when folded down, and very sturdy.  When down, it even fits under my Leapers T-168 scope with no riser.  It has a detent to lock it up when you're using it, and it's cheap!

I am waiting on another one (my third) from Mooney's right now.  His price is so low, he is sold out and still waiting on YHM to ship him more.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=251241

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top