Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2006 7:32:29 PM EDT
Oversize takedown pins, Where to Buy. As upper and lower receivers wear oversize takedown pins would tighten them up.
Is Anyone making these?
Thank You!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
If so I am sure it would be made by KNS or at least thats where I would start my search.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd think (?) it would be hard to make oversize takedown pins that wouldn't bind in a lot of installations. I'm not sure of anybody making these.

JP tension pin isn't exactly what you were asking for, but it'll serve the same function.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  It's frightening how much out of spec junk is out there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Please,,, Tell us about Mil Specs! What manufacturers have Mil Spec parts?
I will guess none except Colt and FN.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Armalites National Match takedown and pivot pin are over sized. Might try calling them and asking.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
What started me on this? I bought Chrome plated takedown pins from DPMS. The chrome adds a hair to their size and actually tightened up an old Bushmaster rifle. YES, I know the slop means nothing to accuracy, but tighter just feels better
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The above post about checking with KNS is spot-on.

www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=13801&title=AR-15+HAMMER+%26+TRIGGER+PINS

He's asking about takedown pins, not hammer and trigger pins.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think Armalites National Match takedown and pivot pin are over sized. Might try calling them and asking.

I don't see any national match takedown pins on their website.  I would be interested in some.  Where did you see them?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please,,, Tell us about Mil Specs! What manufacturers have Mil Spec parts?
I will guess none except Colt and FN.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top