Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:41:50 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy one of the Sun Devil MFG lowers with a parts kit installed. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to purchase one of these?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
why?? Just kidding, Rainier Arms used to have them, but have been out of stock for a while maybe call them and ask for an ETA. If you want a billet lower, POF is making some now and Rainier stocks those. They are nicer in my opinion because the grade of aluminum is better than Sundevil's.

POF Lowers

Rainier Arms
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to mention sun devils drill bit'd mag well corners.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You won't have a problem on most all billet machined lowers. Sun Devil, LaRue, POF, etc.  All I've seen are well made and will "run" fine.  If you're going to get into the minor discrepancies of machine work then you will need to look at each one. If your going to buy one to shoot and shoot it hard and not be a safe queen each should serve you well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You won't have a problem on most all billet machined lowers. Sun Devil, LaRue, POF, etc.  All I've seen are well made and will "run" fine.  If you're going to get into the minor discrepancies of machine work then you will need to look at each one. If your going to buy one to shoot and shoot it hard and not be a safe queen each should serve you well.

It's not a big deal, just expected better quality from a $150 receiver. Another discrepancy is that body of the lower behind the mag well it skinnier than a norm receiver so the firing pins stick out a good bit. I you use KNS pins with it, they will have some sideways movement. Still works fine though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a JP trigger with e-clips.  The lower works very well and went together fine.  I'll give another report in a year after throwing it around.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Just installed my KNS pins in the bottom of my Sun Devil lower....

Now I am looking for another lower

Lots of side to side movement!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just installed my KNS pins in the bottom of my Sun Devil lower....

Now I am looking for another lower

Lots of side to side movement!

markm "throw those junk pins away"
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Its not the pins... I have them in my LMT and they work fine!

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top