Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2006 8:41:03 AM EDT
Hey gang
Is there any way to touch up parkerizing.......................like maybe on a flash hider that was scraped up during installation (wrench slipped)?

It is not too bad, and it is only cosmetic, but is does look crappy, and I thought there might be some product out there to touch it up.

Thanx
P.Smith
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've also found that Birchwood/Casey Super Blue, which you can find at your local Wal Mart, does a good job color matching wise. It seems to give a somewhat duller color than the old B/C Blue formula, and more closly matches the park color than some others.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
I'll give it a try.

P.Smith
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've also found that Birchwood/Casey Super Blue, which you can find at your local Wal Mart, does a good job color matching wise. It seems to give a somewhat duller color than the old B/C Blue formula, and more closly matches the park color than some others.

Sweet.  I've been using B/C Cold Blue, and it's not that close (more bluish, less black/gray).  I'll give the Super Blue a shot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Tape up around the barrel to protect the rifle and hit it with flat black paint or better yet BBQ paint. You would be surprised how well it works and looks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#6]
You can microwave a container of water and add a little bit of park solution.  Dip the flash hider into the container and it will take a few seconds and darken.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tape up around the barrel to protect the rifle and hit it with flat black paint or better yet BBQ paint. You would be surprised how well it works and looks.

Rustoleum flat black matches really well, but like Bill_Z said, BBQ paint works well.  I just painted my Vortex with Rustoleum Flatt Grill paint and it looks nearly identical to the parkerizing.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top