Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2006 12:29:42 PM EDT
Besides JTAC, who else makes a SAM-R upper? I want to replicate the USMC SAM-R Rifle all the way. Could the great guys at M.S.T.N build me one?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Almost any of our builders here could build you one but I would probably go with either Jason (JTAC) or Steve (ADCO) simply because I know they have built some SAM-R'ish type uppers in the past. Jason use to (and may still) have some of the exact barrels used for the SAM-R's so he's got a step up there.

Just know, building any exact copy will be almost impossible. One of the key elements is the KAC front flip up BUIS\gas block which are damn near impossible to get a hold of (and extremely expensive if you do). GG&G makes one that is similar which will work if you aren't too dead set on an exact copy. The rest of it is all pretty straight forward stuff.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man. I just decided to get an LMT Lower Receiver and have MSTN build me an MK12 MOD1 SPR upper for me with some goodies.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top