Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:58:50 PM EDT
Just picked up a PRS but I guess I did't realize that I needed a buffer tube (thought it came with it)

I have a faux collapsable on the lower now and I do believe that the spring and buffer are the same as a A1/A2 stock buffer, is this correct?

Where can a get a A1 buffer tube?

Do I need the A2 spacer to install the PRS?

Do I need anything else besides the A1 tube????

Thanks
Got_Guns
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a Rifle Tube,  Rifle Spring and Rifle Buffer,  Dont even try the carbine buffer/spring its waaay to short,  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't ya just hate getting the part you need then finding out you need something else.  I get the HUA syndrome too.  Now ya gotta wait for somethin else in the mail.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
CLICK HERE   Just make sure you get the"Standard" stuff
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered the tube from Del-Ton. I have ordered stuff from them in the past and they were a decent company to deal with.

I will add the Model1Sales site to my favorites for future reference.

I have a M93B with a carbine buffer and spring and the buffer is half the size of the buffer from my Bushy faux collapse stock. I do believe that I have the correct buffer and spring.

Thanks again for your help

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have a M93B with a carbine buffer and spring and the buffer is half the size of the buffer from my Bushy faux collapse stock. I do believe that I have the correct buffer and spring.

Thanks again for your help

Interesting, The fake colaspse stocks are just pinned stocks,  are you sure its the rifle buffer?

This is a Rifle Buffer.  
if it does not look like this then you should not try it.   alot of money will go down the hole if you shoot a rifle tube that has a carbine buffer in it.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Kells,

Here is what I have so far, trigger is in the mail from MSTN.

The buffer is a rifle buffer, correct? This is a factory bushmaster buffer and spring.

I am now leaning towards a Lilja barrel from MSTN if he still has them
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
see all you had to do was post pics!  

that stock is useless without a barrel,  you can send it my way and I'll give it a good barrel to sit behind.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Kells, I'll box it up tonight, just IM me your address

The barrel is being debated right now.

I have another thread going trying to figure out if a 18" or 16" barrel is better for me.

Hopefully, this build will be finished soon!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I built this,  is a 16" middy and its pretty accurate for a plain ole RRA barrel.  

I want to build a 18" middy 6.8 SPC just like it.  

so my answer is go 18" cause not everyone has one.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top