Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2006 1:00:17 PM EDT
i'm going to order my lower receiver next week, the gun dealer told me to pick the one i want and come on in, now which one do i want, DPMS, Stag, i looked at bushmaster but they are way to much
is the stag a good receiver to start with
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag Arms.....it seems the whole gang loves 'em.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Stag Arms.....it seems the whole gang loves 'em.....

+1

Stag Arms and also consider RRA.

I just picked up my RRA 9 mm stripped lower last Saturday from my dealer which I bought from Eagle Firearms (at the Equipment Exchange) and I finished my build the same evening.

The lower assembly went smooth with all RRA parts kit and the fit to the RRA upper is snug.

This was my second lower build, my first build was May last year, a stripped Colt Match Target HBAR with a Colt LPK and I topped it off with a Colt M16A2 upper half.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have built several ARs using RRA lowers. I have not ran in to any trouble with any of them.
For fit, finish, and $$$ I dont think you can go wrong with RRA
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
cool, i think i'm going to the pasadena gun next weekend and check the RRA out

lone star wholesale is supoosed to be at the gun show, and they have RRA receivers in stock, i'm going to give them a call monday morning
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
MEGAs for me (i like the logo better than the stags)
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both a RRA and a Stag. The Stag has a darker black finish. I paid 130 for the RRA and 100 for the Stag at gunshows. Either is a good choice.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top