Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2006 7:29:20 PM EDT
Finally got it together! Got tired of waiting for the original lower I ordered almost 2 months ago to come. Went looking and found a new, stripped Stag lower with a really low Ser # at a local shop and installed the Stag LPK. Glad it's finally together so I can go shooting!

Pic from the delivery room:

Stag lefty 3HL carbine upper
Stag lower w/ Stag LPK
Magpul PRS stock, Miad grip and mag pul.
TAG single point sling
ARMS 40 and YHM sights.
EOTech 511
Streamlight TLR-1
ACE vert grip in delrin
Smith Votrex FH

WOOHOO!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. I like the stock.

I have been waiting ~ 1.5 weeks for a stripped DPMS lower for my A2 build. I have another build, a superlight, ~30% complete. It too needs a lower. I guess I should order the second one now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a very nice looking setup. Job well done congrats
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

Seems lowers are in short supply for some reason.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a very nice AR built with many quality parts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I like everything except for the look of the PRS stock on a M4 style carbine. I think they are more for a bench/varmit/sniper style AR. But hey it is your's not mine.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Mike,

True about the PRS. I originally ordered the PRS to comply with CT's assault weapon laws (no collapsible stock allowed) but said screw it and decided to go no-ban (threaded barrel, removable brake).  I kept the PRS anyway but was thinking of slapping on an UBR when they are available, Then use the PRS on a 20" bbl build later. This AR will have stay in NH and not make the trips to CT I make regularly. The more I hold this AR as is, it feels better and better. It has a nice balance. We'll see as time goes on. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#7]
That is an early Stag, before the caliber markings. I have one just like it
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
looks great!  tell us how it shoots!!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top