Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 4:53:39 PM EDT
I've got a bushmaster with a 6 position collapsable stock.  I want to replace it with an A2 stock.  I have a DPMS multi tool that seems to fit the car stock nut.

What I can't seem to do is untorque the son-of -a-gun (sorry for the pun)

Any hints or tricks on how to take a collapsable stock off?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
yep - lefty loosy :-)

This nut is tight :-(
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard of some of them having red locktite on them...that means heat+tools.

My first tear apart was an old colt.  I removed all of the LPK parts, spring and buffer, which left just the tube.  I sandwiched the lower between two long 2x4s, clamping the boards at the ends (about 5' each.  I then stood on the mess and tourqued the thing off.  It worked, but I was scared I would damage the lower.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
stick it in a vise with either a receiver block or a bad mag and get some leverage on it.  should come right off.  Be careful of the detent spring cause they're easy to bend when removing or adding a tele stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
jtw2 - thank you, the old magazine and vise trick worked - still took a bit more torque than i figured it'd need, but it's off.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
NP.  

been there done that!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top