Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2006 12:21:37 PM EDT
Hello all,

I was hoping I could get some guidance in installing a Stag 6-position stock.

The issue is the nut on the stock:  When using the CAR stock wrench, how much tightening is required?  (ie.. 1/2 revloution, 1 full revolution)?

In other words, after tightening by hand, how much additional room should there be left to torque with the wrench?   I want to avoid damaging another spring. hinking.gif

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Just snug it up good with the CAR wrench only. No need to use a torque wrench.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just snug it up good with the CAR wrench only. No need to use a torque wrench.

+1. Snug it up by hand tightening it and then tighten it down with the stock wrench only. I never torque the castle nut down. I see no need to torque one. Also I doubt you will even get a half turn out of the stock wrench after hand tightening.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Put a dab of blue threadlocker on the threads, and tighten it (by hand only) with a castle nut wrench as tight as you can get it manually.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top