Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2006 10:38:49 AM EDT
I'm sort of impatient when it comes to waiting for a CMT lower receiver.  It is the last part I need for my build.  How long does it take to mill out the DSA forging?  

I'll be home visiting my parents this weekend, and my father owns a custom fabrication business....which has a Bridgeport with a DRO.  I have some experience but my father is rather proficient.  Has anyone tracked how long it takes to mill one of these?  It sounds like a good father-son project.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Check this thread and I bet you will find the answer.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=268541
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Dedicate some time, Ray-Vin has the guide.  With a dro its easy, just make sure you have all the tooling you need before you start.  I've been counting turns on my machine.  again check to make sure you have all the required tooling
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like machining a lower from a forging will take alot more patience then jut getting a finished lower.  

Not to mention the extra cost and time waiting for it to come back from being anodized.

Have you tried EE?  I'm sure one of our fine dealers must have some lowers in stock.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top