Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:31:51 PM EDT
I am installing the front flip up sight from PRI on my Bushy and i was reading the marine technical manual and was wondering if there was a better way to align the new sight up before tightening. I was also wondering if there was a FAQ for installing a new gas block with sight.  As this is my first build and this is not really an issue but more of an search by me for more of a technical approach for the install i think i am doing pretty good.  After this just need to install swan sleeve and sight in.  

Birdman22
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Just installed my first gasblock a few hours ago.  I measured inside the gasblock, both ends to the center of the gashole.  Then marked that spot on the outside sides and top.  Then measured that distance from the gas hole on the barrel in both directions to where the gas block ends and marked that.  I also marked across those marks, a mark where the hole is, so I ended up with two '+' marks on the top of the barrel, showing the front and rear position of the gasblock and the hole position on the barrel, and marks on the side and top showing the location of the gas hole on the block.  From there it was easy to align.  Maybe there is an easier way, I don't know, I'm no expert on these things, it just seemed to be a sensable way to do it.

What I did after to check the allignment was to spray some breakfree down the tube, then look down the barrel.  I saw alot of breakfree poor through the hole into the barrel so I think I got the allignment right.  Next sunday I will know for sure.  

Lois
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top