Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 7:01:57 PM EDT
      Is there anyone who has tan lowers for sale. I'm to lazy to do it myself.

OK. I'll admit it. I have no experience with gun kote and I'm to afraid to spray paint a brand new lower. If there isn't anyone who has these, where are some places that I could have this done for me? I just want the lower in tan, not the upper. I'm guessing it would be best to have someone do the lower and parts along with it so the whole thing would be tan. I'm wanting to build one like the noveske afghan carbine on there website in the gallery section.

PS.  Sorry for the stupid newbie questions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanx for the info stick. I did not know than tan finishes were brittle. I also just happened to find your refinishing thread and maybe thinking about trying it myself. You said that my last question wasn't stupid but this one may very well be. Are stag lowers teflon coated? If they are not I think it would probably be the best to try for a first timer. Also wondering about color match ups such as norrels tan flat and other companies tan colors such vltor or tango down.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
That color match up is close enough for me. I think I just might give it a try as soon as I get my other build finished. Oh, by the way, I put that bottom picture on my background a couple days ago.

Thanks for all the info stick!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top