Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:05:15 AM EDT
I have a bolt that has seen a couple hundred rounds since new. Can this bolt be used on a new build and be safe. Anyone have any idea what a max round count on a bolt and still be used with a new barrel.  

Thanks in advance
GLG20
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
any as long as headspace is still good but usually better to keep  the bolt with the barrel since they tend to wear together.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
This bolt has no finish wear on it. So I don't think it has worn into the original barrel. Pretty sure it has less than 200 rounds on it.

GLG20  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Either check the head space before shooting or don't check the headspace and shoot it. Since I like being able to see and don't want to have to wear a beard to hide scars, I would check headspace first.

You are probably ok just using the bolt, but the only way to KNOW if you're ok before pulling the trigger is with the headspace gage. Buy one or pay a local 'smith $5 to check it for you. BSW

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
A few hundred rounds?  It is new.  I'd shoot it without hesitation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A few hundred rounds?  It is new.  I'd shoot it without hesitation.

+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]
you should be fine. no worries.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top