Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:23:52 AM EDT
I am building my first AR,  I got CMT stripped upper (standard) and I would like recommendations for bolt  carrier assembly.

Input and suggestions please.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get an "enhanced" bolt carrier, it's got more metal and therefore more mass, it's beefed up a bit like an m-16 bolt carrier only legal.  I think Eagle firearms carries them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would get an "enhanced" bolt carrier, it's got more metal and therefore more mass, it's beefed up a bit like an m-16 bolt carrier only legal.  I think Eagle firearms carries them.

M16 bolt carrier IS legal in AR15. Other fire control componets may get you in trouble, but not the carrier. BSW
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M16 bolt carrier IS legal in AR15. Other fire control componets may get you in trouble, but not the carrier. BSW

+1, What he said..
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
When "cherry picking" parts for an AR, I use the Rock River bolt carrier assembly.  It has the full "ramp" as on the M16 carrier.

In conjuntion with this, I use the hammer from DPMS, which lacks the "notch".
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top