Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:43:56 AM EDT
Im new to Ar-15's. I have a Rock River Arms and im trying to install a Magpul M93B. I have the stock removal tool but I cant get it to move. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Cody
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA might use loctite on the castle nut. Heating it up might help you get it off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it staked?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Also check to make sure it isn't staked in place.  And if neither of those work then put your lower in the freezer.  The alum of the tube shrinks while the steel of the nut expands.  Either that or something like it.  When I slapped my Bushy in the freezer the nut became very loose so I tightened it up and now it won't even move under serious force

EDIT: Grats on the Magpul purchase! I have one and its super sexy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I think RRA only stakes their LE rifles and doesn't use Locite, you might call them or check their forum here.  There was another customer with the same problem posting on their forum, and RRA helped him right away.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks i will get a hold of them and see what they have to say

Cody
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
ask in the rra forum over in the industry section, there is a rra rep here.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top