Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2006 3:17:45 AM EDT
Hello,

what a MORON I was, I was attemping to build my AR 15, I have completeed everytying except that part where I put the upper and lower together with the Pivot Detent and Pivot Pin - larger of the two large pins.

The Pivot detent kepts spring out and i have spend over two hours looking for both of them, the whole place is searched but no luck, I dont want to sound like a whinny baby but how and where can I find extra. I might have to go to the GUN SHOW this Saturday at Dulles to get something there if i cant find anything...

Everything works WELL ! Just I cant put those two together unless Im really screwed...cuz I dont want to order another kit for those two tiny crapola thing... if i gotta search the pad, i will be searching 24/7 until I find it ...

Just wondering if i should go to the DULLES GUN SHOW and look at the Vendors Booth to see if they have it there ? would that make a difference for me ?

Im just kiciing my butt very hard :)

Let me know what alterative ways I can do that ..
I dont want to spend that much for .25 cents parts and have it shipped to me. Do you think I should go to DULLES GUN Show, Have my fun there before I pick up my Gal from the Airport ?

2 Takedown Pin Detents;  is all I NEED ! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
YMMV, but spare kits are apart of my BOB items for without them your rifle could be useless over the loss of a 25 cent part.

Never hurts to have one/two or three (depending on how many ARs ya have)

Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
YMMV, but spare kits are apart of my BOB items for without them your rifle could be useless over the loss of a 25 cent part.

Never hurts to have one/two or three (depending on how many ARs ya have)

Mike

+1

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=276651
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL   I have been in your boots,  was putting the front one in once and it shot accross the garage,  took me and momma 3 hours to find it.  from then on I put the pins in in the corner down on my knees,  they usually pop out hit the corner and fall right there,  sooo much nicer than them popping accross the room
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate losing those... I was lucky enough to have a hardwood floor where I was putting mine together when one of them fell... at least I could hear where it hit and I found it. If I'd had a carpeted floor, I'd have been delayed a week or two waiting for the gun show, plus spending a quarter tank of gas just to go buy two pins.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Assemble in a dry cleaning bag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Call up Rock River, they may put the two parts in a standard envelope and send it to you for an extra 37 cent stamp!

Blackboot.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Just called Rock River Arms and they wanted that for .50 cents each with 7 BUCK SHIPPING, I would rather to go to the gun show this weekend at DULLES and get one of them there while I get some candy eyes on those extra guns to look at ...

Thanks for everything, you guys are SURELY VERY FAST,

But if you guys have a spare parts or know, you can email me, or PM me with information and i will be happy to buy it off from you instead of that RRA Shipping charges of 7 bucks for .0004 ox weight.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't know where you are in MD, but maybe Fulton Armory is close by. They're in Savage and I think they're open to the public Friday afternoons. They ship quick too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Just spoke to them, Fulton Armory.

They charge 1.95 Each for it .....so im might go over there with a little drive and might get a Lower Receiver from that store also ..I dont see any issues on that unless i sell my STAG LOWER to replace the cost if my gal is going to betcho over that thing....

again, she is not my wife, she is my GIRLFRIEND, that reflect I can do it without her permission :)

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just spoke to them, Fulton Armory.

They charge 1.95 Each

I just HAD to go look up that part on their site as that priced seems like highway robbery for a pivot pin detent. Seems they bundle it with the spring......that makes more sense to me even though it still seems steep. But if you need it, you need it.

As far as their lowers go, I've had a couple and still have one. I've had no problems at all from them. Go for it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Call Del-Ton, I lost some of the same stuff. They charged me a heck of a lot less and put in in the regular mail for a buck.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Call up rbprecision... they have ALWAYS treated me fairly on these small parts with really cheap shipping.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Did you actually lose the pivot pin as illustrated, or just the detent and spring (which usually launches out withthe detent)?  
I can get it out in a bubble envelope for the cost of the postage and the parts by US Postal Service, but it'll probably be sometime early next week before it gets to you by mail.
Let me know if I can help you.
Steve/RRA
309-792-5780 ext 127

RRA has allways been good to me. fair prices too
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a few on midwayusa.com, they were cheap if I remember and shipping was a few bucks US Priority Mail.  They got here fast. They nail you $3 if you don't spend 25 bucks though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Just gave you a IM Message recently and hopefully I will hear from you,

Thank you for offering...

CBBURKE

Quoted:
Did you actually lose the pivot pin as illustrated, or just the detent and spring (which usually launches out withthe detent)?  
I can get it out in a bubble envelope for the cost of the postage and the parts by US Postal Service, but it'll probably be sometime early next week before it gets to you by mail.
Let me know if I can help you.
Steve/RRA
309-792-5780 ext 127

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
cbburke,

Not to take anything away from RRA's kind offer, but I'll be happy to mail you a detent and spring from my spares bin.

PA is closer to MD than IL.

Drop me an IM if you want 'em.

feral
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
There are some cheap, really, really cheap people on these boards.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks everyone for their efforts, I never thought i would get alot of help today ..

but I got my eyes on this board and you guys got me glued !

I gotta give my BIG THANKS to feral and RRAMODERATOR: :)

and GUESS what, this is my 100th Post ! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top