Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 4:40:17 AM EDT
After having one of the bushmaster fake collapsible stocks on my AR I decided to get an ACE shorty skeleton stock.  I ordered the stock kit from Rock River along with a car buffer spring and buffer, but when I opened the kit I noticed I needed a new receiver extension tube because the kit doesn't come with one.  Before I order the tube I want to ask if I need to order any more parts to get this stock to attach?

I am buying this stock because I don't like the full length stock and want something shorter since I am short and have short arms. Am I making the right choice about the stock or will I find it uncomfortable the have such a short stock all the time. I live in CT and we can't have collapsible stocks and have to find something fixed.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
if you dont have it already get a car length buffer and spring.

also get the 1" buttpad as well cause the stock might be too short.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
When you pull everything off the receiver make sure you retain the buffer detent and spring. They can go flying off when you remove the original buffer tube also the take down detent and spring. I put an  ACE on my 9mm OLY but mine is the standard length.  It's a shame with the CT AWB still in place we have to put up with this crap of fixed stocks. Where in CT are you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The Green Witch

Do you feel comfortable shooting with the short stock?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Colin,

The shorty is good with body armor or if your of smaller stature. My ACE is standard length maybe a little bit shorter than standard. I don't think it will be a problem with the shorter stock.
By the way, since you live in Greenwich. I use to live on Weavers Street in Greenwich.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats scary I can see Weaver Street from my house.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]
While I have a thread going and don't want to start a new one.

I was thinking about getting my 16' barrel cut down to 16' overall length with the compensator attached to complete the carbine look.  Does this sound like a good idea?  I was going to have Eagle Firearms do the work for me in addition to them installing a gas block with a flip up front sight.

Pic request
Anything with an ACE Short stock, and if you can find one with a Troy free float (MRF-MX) with a flip up iron.

Thanks everyone for all your help
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
i like the ace entry and im over 6ft and have long arms.  usually have a bunch of crap on though.

50 beowulf with entry stock, yhm tube
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top