Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:49:58 PM EDT
Hi,  
 As many of you know,  Model 1 Sales pops up on a weekly basis on this board.  I just got my 20" A3 kit from them today and thought I would post some pics of it,  mainly just board,  somewhat for comparison.  
This is the last kit I got from them,  1.5 years ago,  someone else owns it now,  but ran like a champ!

To start off  I ordered a Kit,  I got an upper, stock assy. and a pistol Grip!  no LPK so dunno what kinda quality is there but talked to em on the phone this afternoon and even though she said that every box is checked by 2 people, they would be sending me a LPK.  will post its quality when it gets here.  

Now,  the only part of the kit that any kinda marking is the upper,  it has a Keyhole,  I have seen model 1 uppers that were marked M1S 1/9,  not this one.  

shrouded firing pin on the bolt!! the last complete upper I got was a DPMS that did not have this feature,  played hell with my RRA hammer!  no markings on the bolt either.

T-numbered upper

And last but not least,  the staking,  not as good as the staking on my Colt bolt,  but hey its a colt!

Sorry dont have a complete gun here,  am waiting on my Norrels,  and some parts from brownells,  plan on doing a green/black build.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifles.
How did you like the trigger on the Model 1 kit you built 1 1/2 years ago? I heard that there triggers were sloppy.
I am thinking about getting a kit from them to build a light 16" for my wife.

Who is M&A???

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
M&A Parts,     the trigger in the last kit I got from them was ok I guess,  the problem was the pins would walk when  firing though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
holy shit dude

Its a model 1 kit too
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF you stole my damn Cat
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Naughty Kitty!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top