Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:37:48 AM EDT
I'm going to be installing a telestock or two soon and wanted to ask about this.
I'd like to avoid this:

In other words, how difficult is it to shorten the threaded part of the buffer tube, if it is ridiculously over long like in the picture? What kind of tool and technique would you recommend to minimize the possibility of FUBARing it? Or should I just get over myself and try to overlook the stoopid looking excess thread?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
leave it as it is.

shorten stock should mean different spring and buffer. also I'm not even sure the rifle would cycle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Do not remove any threads. I had bought a used stock and it had a couple of threads buggered by the back plate. I thought If I shortened the tube and hid the bad threads in the receiver it would not be a big deal. I took about 5 threads off the front of the tube. I had to buy a new tube. Although the rifle would fire, bolt would not lock back on the last shot. I would have to forcably lock back the bolt. You shorten the bolts ability to travel the length it needs.

Just thought I would try to help you avoid the problem I had.

RAKyser
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top