Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2006 4:08:34 PM EDT
Ok, now i'm starting to wonder what PKFirearms are doing in their shop. I just noticed that my "Bushmaster barreled" upper assembly is on an upper receiver that has M4 feedramp cuts on it.  Is it possible to change out the barrel extension myself or should I have someone else do it or even know where I can find such a barrel extension. Here's my deal, I had ordered another Bushmaster barreled upper from them about 2 weeks ago and it came back like how it should, no M4 feedrams on either the upper receiver or on the barrel extension but they sent me carbine handguards instead of M4 handguards. Talk about inconsistency, but hey do have fast shipping! What would you guys do?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
call/EM/post on there Industy area of what the problem is....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, for starters you can't change the barrel extension, at least easily.

I'd ask for your money back and by elsewhere.. M4 cut lower + rifle extension can creat some nasty feeding issues..
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have you contacted them and given them a chance to fix the problem?

J

+1. I know you are probably just wondering about your situation but when these posts come up and the buyer hasn't even tried contacting the dealer it tends to cast the dealer ina  negative light. Even if that wasn't your intentions.
ETA: Everyone makes mistakes now and then.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
that sucks, but what I'm really interested in, is this....  When you got the package from PKfirearms, did the box and everything inside it reek of cigarette smoke so badly that everyone had to leave the room?  I know mine did......  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
But I just finally had a chance to open the box today since my dad has been out of town (where the package was sent to) and my step mom didn't feel like opening the box. I'm not upset, just dissappointed that they didn't catch something like that. So yes, you guys are correct on the fact i haven't givien them a chance to fix the problem, but they should of known that prior to assembling the upper. I guess I can always swap upper receivers with someone who has one that's in fairly new shape with without M4 feedramps...anybody wanna trade?

The reason behind this is that my dad bought the upper assembly for my birthday. He really wanted to go through bushmaster.com, but me being the good son I figured that I'd save him a few bucks and go with PKFirearms. He kept asking me, "is it going to be as good as a real bushmaster", and I kept telling him it was. Now i'm going to feel like an idiot telling my dad PK "accidently" screwed up with my upper and now he's going to have to return it...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]
everybody makes mistakes.... Brett just said he would fix it...  I understand the frustration but give them a break.  With the quick shipping I'm sure you'll have it back in no time
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top