Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
OK, so I gave up on this old Colt(pretty sure it's a Colt anyhow, don't have it in front of me at the moment) A1 large hole upper and bought a flat top that fits my lower better. Now I have an A1 upper with nothing to do, and I don't plan on messing with bushings anymore. So, is it worth trying to find a lower that matches this upper, or just sell it and buy something that plays well with newer production parts? If I look for a lower, where besides the EE would I look for one? I have to imagine that most large-hole lowers are happily mated to an upper. Whadya guys think?

-JR
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This may fix your problems

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/nes-06.asp

worth a look

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the A1 upper have forward assist?  Just curious....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does the A1 upper have forward assist?  Just curious....

If it doesn't, it's not a "A1" type.  If it does, then it's not off an SP1 or2, but rather one of the later types.

And if it's a big hole upper withe forward assist, it's worth about twice as much as w/o an F/A.  Last one I saw adverted on this site was priced at $175, by Pete in N.H., and that was atleast 2 years ago.

(Shortly afterwards, found one in a pile w/a bunch of GI surp A1 uppers @ a show, and got mine for $80. After having an XM177 clone on an SP1 carbine at my house since 1979, finally got to "E2" it.)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to go dig it out of storage and take some pics. IIRC, it has a round FA button. Guess I'll have to put it up on the EE later...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The InvisibleSoul inadvertantly gave you the wrong web page. To mate a large-hole Colt upper to a mil-spec small-hole lower, you need a "reverse offset pin", which Bushmaster sells for $16.95. On the other hand, if you want to dump it, I'll gladly take it off your hands!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Oooopse sorry
Invisiblesoul
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top