Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:05:49 AM EDT
Is the only thing that holds the low profile gas block (i.e. LaRue or PRI)  in place the roll pin? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
They have set screws that hold them in place I believe.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
PRI LP gas blocks do have two set (hex) screws on bottom.  Recommended to use locktite on the screws when mounting - they can come loose.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Set screws meaning no pre-drilling is necessary, they just "push" into the barrel itself, correct?

This is good news as I would hate to drill or damper the barrel in ANY way.

How much pressure do you guys use on these set screw?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Set screws meaning no pre-drilling is necessary, they just "push" into the barrel itself, correct?

Correct.  They screw into the gas block, clamping onto the barrel (PRI gas blocks go on really snug to begin with).

This is good news as I would hate to drill or damper the barrel in ANY way.

The ones that I've mounted have dimples on them for these gas blocks.  Tighten firmly enough and they will create the dimples on the barrel for you.

How much pressure do you guys use on these set screw?

What I do is put blue locktite on the hex screws, hand tighten, then evenly tighten each one firmly.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
some bbls. have dimples already drilled for the gas block or at least one dimple. i personally would dimple the bbl if it wasnt already for the gas block.

simple procedure but helps a lot
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. I appreciate it!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top