Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 11:15:48 AM EDT
This was my first shot at a total build. I had some spare parts lying around so I decided to put them to use. Started out as an A2 build, but the upper I had was a Colt M4 and I did not want to wast it on this.

Parts include:
MEGA lower
DPMS lpk
DPMS Barrel
Olympic Bolt group
Del-Ton upper

Thanks to all who helped, especially FALARAK. Your instructional post rocks!

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice job happy shooting

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
How much does it weigh?

I'm building a similiar HBAR..
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it is weighing aobut 8 or 9 lbs unloaded.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice build, how's she shoot ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Not bad for a bunch of spare parts!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
i sure look forward to the day when i have a few spare parts layin around!! ya did great man!!-fed
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
rifle looks great job well done
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice build, how's she shoot ?

I won't know until next week, but I will post some results.

Thanks for all of the complements! Truthfully, the only spare parts were the bolt assembly, charging handle, carry handle sight and a lower reciever that I picked up for a steal. I planned on replacing the upper on another AR, so I was going to end up with an extra upper reciever as well. When it came down to it, I liked the A2 upper better on my carbine. Rest of the parts I picked up from the EE and Brownells using my C&R discount with the shot show coupon.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Took it to the range today and had a probem with short stroking. I believe I had the barrel nut too tight and the gas tube in the reciever was canted. I have disassembled and corrected. Not the bolt moves in the reciever much smoother. Hopefully this will solve the problem but I will have to wait a few days before I can shoot again.

I only fired 7 shots, but they were a great group at 25 yards.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top